Magician

“Mum I do not understand why we are moving to a new town? I thought you loved the town of Noratha. I did.”
“I will tell you once we are settled into our new house which is a lot better than our old house” mum said to me.
The house was two storeys, white on the outside and was even more beautiful on the inside.
After 2 weeks we had everything unpacked. “Mum can you please come into the living room because I need to ask you something?”
“Ok sweetheart, I will be there in a couple of minutes” mum answered. 2 minutes later mum walked in and sat next to me on the couch “I already know what you are going to say, and we moved here because the whole town figured out that we can do magic” mum whispered to me. We sat in silence for about 20 seconds then we went to eat dinner and watched a movie till 8:36pm, then went to bed.
The next day, I woke up and got ready because mum and I were going to spend time together and go to the shops. I was very excited because we were going to go look for things to do because my 14th birthday. An hour later we had breakfast and left the house and got to the shops around 10:30 am. We got everything I needed for my party and left the shops, and it was around 2:48 pm. We had lunch at Jalaic-Bam clue it was a French café, it` had very good food and drinks to choose from.
After the weekend I went to school. Anjelica came up to me and asked if the seat next to me was taken. I said no so she sat down next to me. We sat together when lunch came around and I started to feel a bit weird in my hands, then suddenly, all the lights bulbs broke, and all the windows closed. Everyone was in a panic, there was people running and screaming that there is no light, I am going to die, the zombie apocalypse has started, I am too young to die. Then a teacher yelled settle down none of you are going to die.
I ran to the bathroom while the teachers started to gather everyone outside but they did not check the bathroom which was lucky for me. I called my mum and yelled “I just made all the lights and windows close in the lunch area” my mum said, “calm down and I will explain when you get home.” Mum told me that I have started to be able to do magic and that she will help me control my powers.
Every day after school mum would teach me to use my powers. 1 week before my birthday I went to school and I invited Anjelica and Lucy to my party. My birthday arrived and I decided to tell my friends I am magic…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!