VIRUS...

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Note 2021' competition

It all started with deadly gas……

One night we were watching the news and a news reporter said, “A new virus called the gas virus has escaped from the city this afternoon!”. I was in shock when I heard that. I looked at my family they looked the same. We listened to more of the news very carefully, we heard that about 5 human beings have this deadly gas virus. The next day we listened to the premier and he said that he would arrange some testing sites in a few places. He said that if you have any symptoms please come and get tested then wait for your results. He said that if you are positive you have to stay home for 14 days, but if you are negative you can get out of your house as soon as you hear that you are negative.

Lots of people were getting tested and my family and I were terrified. Every night we watched the news, each night one news Reporter said how many cases there were that day. The cases were getting lower. Since the cases were getting lower everyone was happy. Even the Premier was happy, but everyone celebrated a bit too early because a few days later the cases started growing. The cases started growing like lightning fast, everyone was terrified. A few days later our premier created something called a lockdown. He told everyone that a lockdown was a thing where you have to isolate until the cases go down.

The next day we went into our first lockdown. Our first lockdown was really boring, we did nothing. We eventually got out of our first lockdown.

Around the time lockdown ended school started. My new school was huge. I settled into my new year 4 classroom. My teacher was Mr. Bradley. He was funny. I also made friends on the first day. At school there were senators. I was happy was because I was one of the senators. School was awesome!

Nearing the end of the year the cases started growing so we ended up in lockdown again. This time the lockdown surprisingly finished lightning fast so everyone was happy. It was December when we got back to school. In December there are awards. I got an award I was really happy. School finished and it was holidays. Our holidays were excellent. Me and my family went to Bendigo. Bendigo was amazing. We also went to a few carnivals. At the carnivals there was lots of fun things to do.

The premier found a vaccine and made a billion doses of it. Lots of people got jabbed because it was $0.00 and they want to stop the virus. Soon the virus completely stopped and everyone was joyful.

But now there is a new virus…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!