New York

New York


One time in New York there was a guy named Bob. He was ten and a half years old.
He was a foster kid in a family.
Bob lived in a giant house next to a dock
with 3 foster brothers and 4 foster sisters. Josh went out one day because he was mad at his family.
He went on a boat to escape his family because he was so mad at his foster family.
Bob went on a boat because he knew an island he could go too.
His father had explored the ocean of New York. He had shown the map to his son before he passed away.
When bob got to the island he saw there were a little hut and trees. Josh got off the boat and it started to sink bit by bit. Bob hadn’t noticed yet.
Bob went into the hut and started looking around while the boat was sinking. The hut had a bed.
Bob jumped onto the bed and it was rock solid. Bob said, “Ow.”
Bob got off the bed and cracked his back.
He went to the other part of the hut and there was a camp fire spot and there was a pack of matches.
When Josh went outside of the hut his boat had sunk.
Bob was scared because he thought he was going to be trapped on the island forever.
He also saw the sun going down and he thought about his comfy bed at his foster house.
Bob slept on the floor because he thought it was more comfy then his bed.
In the morning he woke up from a bad sleep. He got up and saw an axe on the wall.
I got out of bed and grabbed the axe and went outside.
Bob went and started to chop down a tree but it used so much energy to swing the axe.
He took a few rests but it took him about 4 hours to cut down 4 trees.
Bob started to take the bark of the tree and put it next to him.
He started to look for some string or rope in the hut .Once he had found some rope he went outside and put the logs together and started to tie them together.
One he had done tying them together he grabbed the bark and tied it onto the logs.
He cut down one more tree to make a paddle to steer the raft
he started to push his raft into the water josh was very scared because he didn’t want his boat to sink but luckily it didn’t sink a phew day later he was back in new York bob got off his raft and went back to his foster house and he opened the door and went to his family. He told them everything and they seemed so happy because I came back.
I was so happy to see them again

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!