Tears

The clouds were crying, along with beats of drums coming from outside. I stared out my bedroom window sighing. “Cleo, Evie, Honey, soup’s ready” Mum said while placing the soup on the old, oval oak coloured table. The foggy, grey steam coming out of the tomato soup travelled all the way upstairs to my nostrils, my mouth watered. I closed the grey, striped, food stained curtains, instead I stood staring at the luminance lightning and thunder directing right in the crashing ocean.
I walked down the creaky stairs, my bare feet felt numb and icy cold, shivers ran down my spine.
Then the paintings started to plummet to the ground, the roof started to rumble. At that moment I hear my Dad shriek, “EVERYONE UNDER THE DOOR FRAME, I’ll get Evie from the lounge room.” That was the last moment I heard or saw my Father, Mother and the best little sister in the world Evie. “BANG, THUTTER, BOOM!” I bolted under the door frame and felt my eyes filling with water. Glassy, clear water droplets ran down my cheek. My heart started beating faster and faster. ‘Will Mum or Dad be ok?’ Those words couldn't get out of my mind.
I started losing my balance, I was becoming unconscious, then I saw nothing!
The next morning came, I woke up in a place rather odd. I heard someone saying my name. I opened my eyes and sat up, waterfalls started coming out of my hazel eyes. “MOTHER, FATHER! Please where are you?”
The next moment I noticed a familiar figure. “Doctor Timmy, what am I doing in the hospital? Where are my parents?” I asked stunned. My cheeks started feeling like fire, my body was dripping with condensation.
Doctor Timmy looked sorrowful, I was thinking of a million things. He took an extensive breath then exclaimed shaking “Both your parents and Evie have…perished in a petrifying storm.” Buckets of water fell down my cheeks, my heart was crushed into tiny little pieces. Doctor Timmy opened his trembling hand and presented me my Mother’s perfume, that waft of perfume filled the hospital room. That loving scent gave me a warm, snuggly hug. I really did feel like my Mum was sitting right next to me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!