Koala Boo

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Note 2021' competition

Once upon a time there was a koala. The koalas name was Koala Boo. She did not live in a house that she wanted to live in. She lived in a gum tree in Queensland. She did not like to eat in her gum tree or sleep in her gum tree because all of the gum nuts would fall on her head. She got a very sore head every time.
So, one night her mum (Dr Boo) went to work, she was a Koala doctor, and it was a long way away in America. She did not get to see Koala Boo. When Koala Boo did not get to see her mum, she got very sad. One day Koala Boo’s mum told her she could not come back for a year because she got a letter from her boss that said she had to stay in America. Koala Boo and her brothers and sisters had to move somewhere else. She went to live with Miss Karren, her next-door neighbour and she did not like it there because they had a gum tree house too. She did not like it at all.
Koala Boo had her brothers and sisters that had to come to the new house too and she had to take care of them. She did not like taking care of them because they were all rascals.
So, Koala Boo said “That’s it! I’m going to move somewhere else. I’m going to granddad’s and grandma’s.” So, Koala Boo left Miss Karren’s and she went to the airport because they lived in Tasmania. When she arrived in Tasmania Koala Boo went to her grandparents’ house, but only grandma was there. Granddad was having dinner with his friends. Koala Boo was very happy living with her grandma and granddad and stayed with them for one year.
Then Koala Boo’s mum came back, and she came to get Koala Boo. When Koala Boo saw her mum, she charged to the door and gave her mum a big hug. They moved back to Queensland and went back to a new gum tree that had a roof and bedrooms for everybody.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!