Save Us

Crash! Bang! “HOP FOR your LIVES!” “You know we can't all hop Ozzy oh you will be able to now”. Ozzy said, picking up frizzy by the leg.” What will we do if we can't get to shelter in time?” Said buddy. “No time to talk about that now it's stressing us out!” Said Hollow “Every time we try to go into the human world we definitely get payback!” “Frizzy!” everyone said at the same time. As tree’s are tumbling down !

It was an ordinary morning and we were just eating grassy toast when suddenly we heard BOOM! We went outside to see what all the noise was. As soon as we could speak we were running. An animal had gone into the human world and now the humans were back for revenge.

We finally made it to the hollow tree, but there was something missing and sure enough we were right. “Where is hollow”!? Frizzy cried. They all said they would never go back again except a little friend they had called Ellie. She was a tiny platypus who never gave up and she loves when her beliefs are right. So that encouraged the rest of us to look but as soon as they took one footstep into the outside world we heard a noise that said “guys where are you going?.” As they looked up they saw a light brown beak with black dots poking out of the bush which looked as if it were the identical twin beak of hollow but it wasn’t his twin even better it was him!

We went on trying to find a new place to live, it was getting dark and we were getting tired. So we tried to walk a little longer to get to a decent treehouse so we could get some rest. We saw a couple echidna’s digging in the grassy plains as we were walking, a little echidna came up and said “there’s a place over there you can go to for a night “ he said grumpily. We went to the old rusty treehouse and knocked on the door, it creaked open and a shocking lion was standing there to greet us. “Hello there tasty, I mean fellow explorers. What brings you to my lovely treehouse” the lion said in a deep voice. W-we just need a place to stay for the night Sir. Frizzy said quietly.

“Mr lion our home was invaded by intimidating humans, we just need a place to sleep for the evening.” “It's just the four of us for one night only and we won't cause you any grief.” “Ok the four of you can bunker down for the night in this little part of the trunk of my palatial treehouse.” At dawn the following morning, Ellie came to wake us up to tell us that she had found new vacant plains for us to settle into! “Yay we all cried tears of joy!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!