Night

At night when the pets were asleep, and the parents were in bed. I would sneak out with all the other kids in my street. We would meet in the same place that we meet every night at 9:00. It was the cold winter. I could feel the coldness brush against my face. I had frost bites on my hands and feet.
I got to our old place, and I saw my friends. We were all wearing our winter coats. It was cold and dark, but I felt warm and bright with my friends. It started to rain but lucky in Summer we made a roof and some walls. Now to meet my friends. First is Ben then its Dot and last is Lottie. When Lottie was very little her dad left her. Lottie seems happy but I think deep down inside her she is still sad. Me, Dot and Ben have always been there for Lottie. As always, we were half asleep but still blurting out our stories. It got to 10:30 so we said our goodbyes and went back to our beds. The next morning, I got up and went outside and I saw someone knocking on Lottie’s front door. I went to see what had happened. Lottie’s mum answered the door then shut the door. It was not normal because Lottie’s mum loved everyone. I went over to see what happened. The man at her door was Lottie’s real dad that left her when she was little. I know why she slammed the door.
Then I thought of what my teacher said the other day at school. She said that everyone should have a second chance. So, I gave Lottie’s dad one more chance. So, I made up a date for then.
1 year later…
The next year they were back together, and Lottie was happy. I don’t think that it fixed the big hole in her heart but did fill up a bit.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!