Wasted Effort

A wave of anxiety crashed over her as she walked through the school doors. Navigating the endless stretch of hallway, she approached her locker, head down. It’d been months since she moved into a resort-style home in this beachy town. She still didn’t have any friends and had felt invisible on her first day. No one was welcoming or nice to her. She’d spent her entire morning before school in her family's spacious bathroom. Nothing worked, not even when she decided to dye her brunette hair blonde at the salon minutes away from her house. She was confused as to why she didn’t fit in. Sitting alone in the cafeteria, she closed her eyes, dreamt and hoped. As expected when they opened, nothing had changed. Instead, she’d noticed the most popular students in school observing her and laughing.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!