Layla

This is a story of Layla, a young girl who is an explorer, would you like to know what happened to her,? Listen carefully to her story.
 

Layla found herself at the school maths room, as she sat down she realised her friend Scarlett wasn’t there, Layla thought about asking the teachers but she thought it was best to keep her mouth shut, after some of the teachers acted pretty weirdly. After school that day Layla ran to Matilda her other friend “have you seen Scarlett? she wasn’t here today”? Matilda hung her head sadly “she’s disappeared! Her parents haven’t seen her all weekend, she's just gone’’.

Layla ran home as fast as her legs could go. When she got home there was a note on the table that said Grandma will pick you up later because, your parents are out looking for Scarlett. At 3.30 Grandma came to pick Layla up. She had her night dress on even though it was in the afternoon!! Grandma was like any other grandma except when she put on her light blue jumpsuit and jump in her no roof bright red Mercedes sports car!

“I have decided I want to be an explorer” said Layla “no”said grandma” that stuff is only for adults, you are only a young girl of 12 and I think being An Explorer is just very silly, you like art, exploring is not like that.” "Well that's not fair” said Layla ‘’Yes it is, end of story now time for bed’’. That night Layla was upset, why couldn't she be an explorer? Just then she had an idea.

That night Layla tiptoed down the stairs, she grabbed her backpack and packed a blanket, a torch and some chocolate biscuits. “I will show them that I can be an explorer”she said.  Layla as she opened the door to go outside she sighed and sniffed as she  thought about all the terrible things that could have happened to Scarlett. She grabbed her bike from the old fallen down shed She clipped on her helmet and Set off into the bush, she wasn't looking so she crashed into a tree “ow” said Layla as she picked her self up, she heard a call for help.

“Umm hello” said Layla with a quiet shaky voice “who’s there”? Layla shone the torch in the direction of the Mysterious voice, she could see a shape but not just any shape, A girl shape As she moved closer she saw it was Scarlett! “What are you doing here “said Layla as she ran towards Scarlett, "well" she begun, “I was out collecting berries when I thought I saw a kangaroo. I've never seen one before so I thought I would follow it then I lost my way.?“well you're safe now” Layla said. Layla went home with Scarlett all the parents asked how Layla found Scarlett but she just replied “ well I did say I was an explorer”

TO BE CONTINUED….

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!