Left Behind

“Tegan come clean your room or you’ll be in the basement tonight.” yelled Tegan’s mum.
“Honey she has her friends over, let her be.” Tegan’s dad could be heard yelling back.
“Breaking News, lives have been lost to the raging rain. We have to evacuate to Mars! The rain has also caused the world to flood and the earth has a chance to explode. A rocket will land in every town in ten seconds, we have to go by 8:15 a.m. today so go, go, go!”
Man, I really should try to get out of this basement, thought Tegan. I think this door is locked as well, maybe that window will be helpful. But I can't reach. I need a step, hey lucky there is a whole shelf of ladders and bricks.” Tegan said sadly.
A few bricks and a ladder later... “I can finally reach the window!” yelled Tegan ‘whoop’ ‘slam’ went to the window.
“Johnny, Mum, Dad, where are you? This isn't funny anymore, come out of the bush or tree that you're hiding in, and so can every other town folk. WHERE ARE THEY?” Tegan screamed miserably.

“Okay so now it's time for roll call. Johnny?” Mum said enthusiastically
“Here” johnny replied.
“Dad?”
“Here” replied Dad.
“Tegan? … AAAAAAh, we forgot her!!!” screamed mum in terror.

Tegan decided to go raid the shops to survive, “well until my parents come back from where they went anyway.” thought Tegan sadly. “WHERE ARE THEY” screamed Tegan while crying.

On the plane heading to Mars, Tegans mum has just woken up.
“Please turn around so I can go get my daughter” cried Mum
“Im sorry lady, but by the time we get down there the flood will come, and then the rocket wont be able to go, and you know that if this gets wet, its explodes!” answered the pilot

Back on earth
“Well now that I’m at the shops. Thankfully, this place has beds and there is also ... Coles and Woolworths, so much food!” screamed Tegan
While Tegan is about to stuff her face I better tell you what might happen in the next two days, wait you already know, oh well I guess I'll put you back in the story then.
“I guess she has to learn how to swim in the next two days then you know how the flood will happen,” sadly said Mum “she’ll be fine, trust me.” said Dad happily.
“It's going to be okay because that is how it works now that we are i-in space we can do what ever(boom) holey moley that scared me, bu-but now my girl i-i-s dead! Nooooooooo” cried Tegans mum.
“Dong” went the space ships window, “my baby girl! How did you survive that?” asked Mum.
“Well it’s a long story, I was in our rusty old house and water was leaking and since I was in water the explosion only blasted me up and also I lost three teeth in the blast!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!