A Child Is Born

There is a distance sound of the mother in pain as the child comes. You know you have been waiting nine long months for this. but you don’t want something to go wrong. You pace back and forth waiting for the ambulance to get there. Thinking it will never happen. Then two paramedics come rushing in the house asking questions ‘How long apart are her contractions?’ ‘When is the baby supposed to be due?’ You rush and answer their questions as quickly as possible. Then as your wife is getting into the ambulance time stands still. It is like nothing matters in the world anymore except for your wife, yourself and your little boy or girl coming. Then time moves again and you are rushed into the ambulance towards the hospital.
The ambulance is driving as fast as ever, as they rush your family to the hospital. The journey to the hospital felt like forever as the sirens go off, your wife screams, the paramedics tell you to calm her down and as you rush to the hospital you don’t think at all, you just react to the situation.
You eventually arrive at the hospital and you are rushed into the emergency room. Everyone was freaking out; they all thought that we didn’t get to the hospital quick enough and the child won’t make it. As my wife Mary is freaking out all I had to do is make sure she was okay.
Times were tough for us because we never thought we would be having a child at first. All the doctors said that it wasn’t possible. But then one day a miracle was blessed upon us and the doctors couldn’t explain our luck at all but Mary was pregnant.
She was freaking out but we were always in this together and we always will be in this together. The screaming and panicking from Mary went on for at least twelve hours. It didn’t feel good. Everyone kept on saying the child was going to make it. We didn’t even know what gender of the child was not going to make it.
The crying and panicking were a lot especially for me. It was 9:30pm and once again we felt like the luckiest people in the world. There was darkness not a sound at all, the odd beeping machine but that was it. I knew it, this was it, we tried so hard to have a baby but it couldn’t be done. The doctors were ready to give up. Mary and I were ready for the end. But then there was a flicker of a light, there was darkness. Next thing we knew there was a beautiful baby girl born. It felt like it was fate that brought this child upon us no. Nothing could have prepared my family more for this day because our family is now bigger. We had Mary, myself and little baby Charlie.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!