Waves Of The Sea

Woosh, The waves make sounds during the silent night of sandy beach. Ever since there was a great white shark spotted on the beach it has been empty, no kids, no family’s and certainly no fun.

One afternoon the owner of the beach ‘Sandy Harris’ decided to visit. He was devastated to find that it was silent. Sandy was puzzled, he was worried that nobody would ever come again. The reason why Sandy loved this beach so much was because, when Sandy was little he always used to come to this same beach with his parents. But when he moved to a new house he rarely saw his parents since he lived so far away, so he brought the beach to memorise his parents. Usually this beach would make him happy but unfortunately it didn’t, and the reason being was because no one came.

Sandy got sick of the silence of the beach and decided to try and persuade people to come to come back. Anyways, the great white shark had disappeared. What could go wrong? Sandy used all of his savings to rent a billboard. After a week the billboard was moved into the front of the beach and in bold letters was, COME TO SANDY BEACH, NO SHARKS HERE!

Luckily people noticed it, lots of people noticed it! But still, the silence had overcome the beach. Sandy thought to himself, “hmmm what could attract more people,” Sandy kept thinking, in fact he kept thinking for a whole day until… Sandy thought of the best idea ever! “ I am going to place a playground on the green land of the bay, everyone will want to come to the new sandy beach playground! Ok, ok, maybe not everyone but the kids will love it. So Sandy got to work, he built and built and built. After a month of hard work… “ FINALLY “ Sandy had finished the playground and it looks better than ever!

This time, Sandy was patient. He had realized that the visitors didn't want to come to see the billboard, they didn't want to come to see the playground, they came to see the beach! Since Sandy had finally realized that they wanted to come to the beach, Sandy took down the billboard and took down the playground, but outside were old bits of the playground covered in free bathers! The next day the beach was packed, it was like there was a whale on shore!

Sandy was so happy and fortunately his parents came to visit! This was the best day ever. Oh, and yes the great white shark came back and ate everyone! Just kidding!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!