Save The Forest

Excellence Award in the 'The Write Note 2021' competition

An extremely long time ago, the majestic trees formed a canopy to cover the forbidden forest. The lake was as clear as a crystal around the forest. Nearby the lake, there was a colossal castle as high as heaven where a princess lived with a shining, sliver tiara on her head. There were lots of animals that lived together as a family. Although the wolf was very horrid and the dragon is very eccentric, the other animals still treated them benevolently. However, there was a nasty witch that was unbeknownst to the kingdom. Like a sewer rat she lived in a ghostly tower behind the princess’s castle.
One day, an adorable bunny disappeared. Everyone was shocked and horrified. Then the next following days, more and more animals vanished, like deer, chicken and numerous others.
“What should we do? We will finally be eaten too!” A baby foul trembled with fear.
Everyone doubted each other and were not as a family anymore.
“The princess is missing!” Stammered the squirrel.
More and more animals locked themselves at home and were too horrified to come out. Some animals were even planning to leave the kingdom.
One day, as the dragon and the wolf desired to find out who devoured all these animals, they searched and searched at the lakeside. Fortunately, they were both clever owls.
Zap! Suddenly, a light stone dazzlingly from behind the bush. Euphorically they followed the light and found a tiara which belonged to the princess. When they picked it up, they felt dizzy and lost consciousness instantly. They felt as light as a feather floating in the radiant breeze. After a while, they felt as if they were thrown out of the sky. Once they opened their eyes, they realised they were at a gargantuan gate of the tower where the malicious witch lived. They were taken here by the tiara!
“Help! Help…”
When the wolf and the dragon heard the echo, they knew it belonged to the poor princess. Like a koala, the wolf grasped onto the dragon and they flew to the top of the tower to rescue the princess. Just as the princess hoped on the dragon, they heard nails on a chalkboard.
“Hey! That is my dinner.” The wicked witch screeched, “I’ll kill all of you!”
Immediately, the dragon blew fire at the witch. Whoosh! The entire tower went up with ferocious flames.
After the wicked witch burned into ashes, the dragon flew back home. All the animals came out and celebrated their victory. Brave dragon and brilliant wolf became friends with the princess. Over the moon, the forest restored it former tranquillity.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!