The Unknown Creature

Finalist in the 'The Write Note 2021' competition

The sun shone through my bedroom window, and I knew it would be a perfect day for scuba diving. The weather was nice and warm as I approached the beach which is usually busy but today was deserted. I put on my diving equipment and boarded my boat and in minutes I’d arrived at the reef. It didn’t take long to fit my scuba gear and with a deep breath I dived into the lovely deep blue sea. At 5 meters below the surface through the water I saw a beautiful big manta ray. I went another metre down and spotted a sea turtle. Unfortunately, no sharks were around today which was disappointing as they are my favourite fish to see. I decided to dive down further, and it was here I made an amazing discovery. There was a creature which had a anglerfish head and a great white sharks tail. At first, I was scared of it but it was actually friendly and nice.
This unknown creature swam slowly away, and I decided to follow. It led me to an underwater ancient temple. I’d heard about this place in stories but never seen it before. The temple has a big strong door which is locked and unfortunately, I don’t have the key. Looking around there is actually hundreds of buildings. I wondered which building would the key be hidden in. In the story’s legend says that people who went into the buildings looking for the key had never returned. Would this creature help me find it? I continued to follow it deeper and deeper until we reached the ground and it kept hitting its head on the same spot. Using my gloves, I dug around the area and found the key to the temple.
It was very hard to get the key into the lock but once it was in it unlocked easily. I pushed the door and it creaked open loudly. The creature looked very excited when it saw its family inside the temple. They swam around each other, and all these strange creatures looked overjoyed. Even though there was no treasure inside the temple I smiled because I had reunited this unknown creature with its family. With that happy thought I waved goodbye to them turned around and swam back to the surface.
Nobody back on the land believes me when I tell them of this half anglerfish half great white shark weird creature, I discovered that day. But I’ve made diary entries and drawn sketches so the next person who sees it will know they are not the only one.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!