Paradise Island

“Where am I?” questioned Axzyte. One minute ago, he was at the beach, but he’s here. “There isn’t even any land nearby.” Axzyte was starting to panic. He started to think about how he got here. ” Hmmmmmm, if only I had my radio with me, I would’ve called my helicopter or my yacht.” He started to think about this place even more.
“I need to make a shelter.” Said Axzyte. “But with what? I need to explore this island.” Then Axzyte started wandering around the island. He was a fast learner so, he easily learnt his way through the island. ”OK, so I can use the trees to make a hut.” Said Axzyte with a with a groan. He started to make his hut and it took nearly a whole day. Luckily that island was spacious and had nearly all the essentials he needed. Also, Axzyte was a boy who didn’t waste anything so he only took what he needed.
As Axzyte was getting ready to go to bed, he heard a noise. “Nah, that’s probably just the wind.” Axzyte thought to himself. Well, Axzyte could be right because it was going to be a windy night. The sound happened again, but this time Axzyte knew for sure that it wasn’t the wind. Then Axzyte decided that it was time to investigate. “ Hmmmm, what could be some theories” joked Axzyte as he was pretending to be a detective. Axzyte looked all around while squinting through the darkness. He looked everywhere and also looked beyond the hut from all directions until he couldn’t see anything but blackness since the moon was covered by the dark, grey clouds.
Axzyte woke up early in the morning feeling very fresh. As he opened the door, there stood a man with several other people standing behind him. “hello” said the man. Axzyte was startled.” Oh sorry, the name is Mike. This is my family.” Introduced Mike.” Oh my name is Axzyte” replied Axzyte.” Hey fellas! We better get this party ready for Axzyte.” Yelled Mike.” Party?” said Axzyte looking puzzled. “ we throw a party for every new person on this island. Make sure to be at the park at six o’clock later today OK?” said Mike. Six o’clock was nearing so Axzyte decided to leave and go to the party. When Axzyte arrived at the party, he was stunned. Everything was so colourful but it wasn’t even man made. The decorations were by fallen leaves and the table cloth was made out of bark. The drinks were made out of fruits and the food were all fruit of different colours. Then some unwanted friends came along. It was the birds. They came swooping down and taking all the fruits and the decorations.” Its alright” said Axzyte to Mike. “ I really liked how it looked.” “ Thanks Axzyte” replied Mike.
It has been one month now and Axzyte was starting to get worried when he was going to leave this island.” I’ve had a good think about this and, I’m going to name this island Paradise Island.” Said Axzyte to himself. He really loved this place but he wanted to go home. In the last couple of days it was just plain boring and steaming hot. Paradise Island was one burning sensation. No matter what the reason, he still loved this place. He would day dream majority of the time just thinking how he loved this place so, he named it Paradise Island.” Even the people are so nice here” thought Axzyte. The next day arrived and Axzyte heard this whirring sound.” Where is this coming from?” wandered Axzyte. He went out of his hut and what he saw was something so modern that is looked like it time travelled from the future from 2070. That is when Axzyte realised that it was his helicopter buzzing around in the sky flashing the sun into his eyes.” Axzyte!” yelled a man from the helicopter.” I’m here!” yelled Axzyte back. The man found him and told the pilot to lower it down. The man told Axzyte to come in. Axzyte told him to wait there and he would come back. What Axzyte was doing was he was grabbing a souvenir to take with him so he could remember this time he spent in the island. He quickly ran back to the helicopter and off he went back home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!