Learning Independency

Alexis has been studying and working hard for this opportunity since the start of the semester. “Going to Paris would be amazing but I need to ace this test to go” said Alexis. It is 7: 45 on a Monday morning and Alexis is ready for the test, she gets ready to leave for university.
This would be such a good success for me going to Paris is my dream. To see all the amazing things that goes on in a day-to-day life. Although only 3 people get to go! Alexis is nervous for the test. she sits it, and she thinks she did well but the damsel in distress does not know if she did good enough succeed. It is Sunday night, and the results are back. It ok just read the email you will be fine, she reads the email and she won, so did one other girl named Julie. Alexis is bursting with excitement. The winner runs downstairs and tell her parents. “Mum I won!” “Won what dear?” says her surprised mother. “I won the trip to Paris.” “Really? Oh my goodness congratulations sweetie.” “Thanks mum” Alexis thinks the trip is in two weeks I must start packing.
It is the day of the trip Alexis is very excited. She waves goodbye and she is off. The plane ride was very hectic with all the noise and not being able to sleep but she is ready to see Paris. Julie seems like a nice girl, so she hangs around her while they see the Louvre Museum. “It is beautiful” “Is not” said Julie, “Oh ok then.” “It is getting late we should head back,” said Alexis. “Ok you go I am going to stay here for a bit.” “Alright” said Alexis while she stutters. At first Alexis was not fussed but Julie started sneaking out and doing this kind of stuff all the time now. Alexis was very concerned and suspicious, so she started snooping around, Alexis is not a very self-standing person. She always must have someone around. Oh, my goodness Julie has been suspended and must go back to Australia.
Alexis is nervous scared and doesn’t know what to do, she goes up to the teacher and asked if she can go back but she does not. Alexis is wanting to go back so badly but she wants to be independent and learn how to take care of herself, she does not need anyone to help her. She has for sure succeeded in that department because it’s the plane ride. Alexis must go home. She has learnt how to be independent by taking care of herself and feeling good in herself. “Hi mum I am back.” “Hi Alexis, how was the trip we are so happy to see you I cannot believe you went for so long.” “It was amazing.” The lesson Alexis has learned that she does not need anyone’s help and she can be independent within herself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!