Under The Waves

Chills shivered down me and water flooded every inch of my entire cold body, eliciting a cavernous chunder. The salt scratched my insides and I felt like nothing could save me. I saw the light fading to the distance and I could hear nothing but silence. I was going into the darkest depths of the mysterious ocean and I felt like this was the end. It all started when I was on a yacht, enjoying my summer holidays with my friends. We were loving life, sipping fancy drinks with little umbrellas and having a blast when all had changed. Masses of dark, grey storm clouds had instantaneously rolled over the yacht and waves as big as busses had knocked us from side to side into each other. Everyone had tried to duck for cover but there was no use. Suddenly, there was one wave that had totally changed my life forever. It smacked the yacht on its side and I fell overboard and hit my head on something hard. I tried screaming for help but there was no use as all I could barely get a word out. I reached for the surface but my weighted arms failed me and that’s when I began to go down under. I could taste the salty sea water choking me and feel the presence of sea life under and around me. I had no hope of survival as the light had quickly faded into darkness. Before I lost grip of what was left of my sight, I saw a humanly figure plunge into a zone of life or death and headed my way. I lost sight completely and it was up to whatever it was that I saw to save me as my life turned to death. I felt the clutch of his hands grab my waist but it was too late. I could no longer feel my heart beating, nor could I hear the whisper of my breathe. Looking back on my past life now, I am surprised that whatever or whoever grabbed me could hold their breath for so long. I search my new settings to see if they're here, or any of my friends for that matter. But only one figure remains; a glowing outline evolves towards me, but my old friends are nowhere to be seen, only this new one...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!