Gals Before Pals


1ST TERM
Great! Year 7! I feel like my life is over. No more being an idiot or having fun!
Just then a voice brought me back to reality. Oh, No! Heading down the corridor was Malissa and her friends. She was my BFF, until she started caring more about boys and make up.
‘’Move it loser,’’ she shouted, knocking my bag out of my hands.
‘’Uhhhh,’’ I sighed.
“Let me give you a hand,” said a voice. A cute one.
“OH thanks,’’ I replied, with my whole face going red.
‘’Hey, I’m Malissa, let me show you around,’’ said Malissa, with a wicked grin.
‘’Oh, nice to meet to you, Malissa. I’m Jake,’’ he replied.
‘’Well, I’ve got to go to Maths. See yah,’’ I said. OMG! YESSSSSSSS! Jake and I have the same Maths class, I thought. BAMM!
‘’Are you paying attention, Miss Summers?’’ said my teacher.
‘’Yes, of course Miss,’’ I replied with a quiver in my house.
‘’Then you wouldn’t mind answering this question,’’ she said.
Don’t embarrass yourself. Okay, 210 x 6 = 1260.
‘’Hmph! Very well,” replied my teacher.

2ND TERM
“The lunch room is their hunting ground,” I sighed. The showdown began. It’s where all the popular girls come to sit with the cute guy. Which, in this case was Jake. They stare at each other, until, one by one, each girl leaves.
“Oh. We have a winner. It’s Malissa,” remarked my friend Charlie, sarcastically.
‘’I can’t take it anymore! Wherever I go, they’re together,’’ I shouted!
‘’Will, see you around, Jake,’’ promised Malissa.
YESSSSSS! HE’S FINALLY ALONE. Time to attack, I thought. “Hey, I’m Summer. Do you want to hang out?’’ I asked?
“Sure, why not,” replied Jake.
Maths Class
“Summer, are you listening?” asked my Maths teacher.
‘’Yes, of course Miss,’’ I replied with a quiver in my house.
‘’Then you wouldn’t mind answering this question,’’ she emphasised
Here goes, don’t embarrass yourself, I thought. Okay, 210 x 6 – 652 x 2 + 97 = 1313.
‘’Hmphhhhhh! Very well,” replied my teacher reluctantly.

ALMOST END OF THE YEAR
It had been a month. Malissa and I were still fighting over Jake.
“Hey girls. I have a girlfriend! I mean you’re both cute and all, but sorry’’ he explained.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!! We burst out laughing.

So, 7TH grade was good. Hard, but good! I had learnt a lot of things. Some were important and others. not so much. In the end, I guess, Malissa and I learnt that obsessing over some guy was just silly!
So, if I’ve learnt anything, it’s ‘Gals before Pals’. It is really important because women need to be strong, independent and stick together!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!