Dampinin

It was an afternoon like no other for the Dampinin family. Oliver was getting ready for football training, Dad was making dinner, Hamish was playing video games and Mum was waiting for the new tv show to start. “Mum what’s so interesting about that show, it was on last year and I asked if we could watch it, but you said it would be boring?” asked Hamish.
“Shush, it got great reviews last year if you have to know. NOW GO BACK TO YOUR AMATEUR GAMES, KID!” Keep in mind that this lady was not a very nice woman let alone a nice mother. Hamish followed his mother’s orders like usual.
CRASH! SPLASH! Oliver and Hamish raced to the door to see something big and blue… it was a TSUNAMI! “AHHHHHHHHH” they both screamed. We have to warn the town. You go left, I’ll go right. Meet back here in fifteen minutes” ordered Oliver. They both split off sprinting down Knocks Lane.
As agreed, they both came back to the house fifteen minutes later. “Well, that was a complete fail, none would listen to me! How about you?” asked Hamish. “Well, a bit better, nobody would listen to me except Granny Doomen. (This lady was not the smartest lady ever) She believed me and said she would drive us to the top of town!”
“We still can’t leave the rest of town to die!” said Hamish. “We need to warn people.”
“We could get someone else to warn them. Someone important and someone they will listen to. But who?” asked Oliver.
“I’m sure mum would listen to the TV guy. He’s a so-called “entertainer” even though he’s really bad at his job!” giggled Hamish.
“EXACTLY, we can get the TV guy to explain to everyone to get out of here!” “Well, there's no time to waste, TO THE T.V STATION”, exclaimed Oliver.
Granny drove them to the T.V station and they could see the tsunami was very close. They entered the T.V station and asked, “Where is that T.V room” and pointed at the screen.
“Floor 3.” Hamish and Oliver sprinted upstairs and barged into the T.V room.
“A TSUNAMI IS COMING”, the boys yelled at the same time.
“I WANT MY MOMMY” screamed the T.V guy, “GET TO THE HIGHEST POINT IN TOWN!” Everyone started screaming and there was a mad rush for the door!
Everyone in town ran out of their houses and ran up Mount Haso. Lucky the army arrived just in the nick of time and got everyone up the mountain. The tsunami hit and all people could hear was screaming. There was blue everywhere. The mountain fell and, on the screen, appeared YOU WIN! “Bro we smashed that game!”
Leaning back in his chair Jack said, “Yeah but it felt so real.”
“What’s your problem Bro. Just sit back and enjoy the highlights on your computer dude!”
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!