The Flower Shop

At dawn the cars were already beeping. The morning mist was floating ever so softly but a gust of wind blew in my face and I felt so cold. I smelt floral whiffs floating in the air mixed with hot fresh bread from the bakery across the road. It filled my cold, sad body with a happy vibe - love and warmth. Then I saw it, the amazing floral smell was coming from the flower shop. Not any old flower shop. It was the most magical place in the city that would catch my eye any day as I walked to work. It had turquoise, violet, gold, red and indigo flowers that would look perfect in my home. “I have to go in” I thought to myself. But I really need to get to work as I am running late.
The next minute, I saw my friend Ella who was frantic because she had just lost her beloved puppy in the busy street. I joined in the search and helped calling out for poor Frankie to try find him. Suddenly, I found myself in lush green fields full of daisies and poppies under the clear sky surrounded by rolling mountains. I had no idea where I was, there was not a car in sight and the peaceful sounds of the running creek replaced the hustle and bustle of the noisy city. Confused, I went exploring and saw a beautiful old tree with a wooden swing that looked like it hadn’t been used in years. As I gently swung, a little bird perched on my shoulder chirping a song as a cute baby squirrel ran across the tree branch. It was just a fairy tale, and at the moment I could picture my dream house in the fields with a white fence and gorgeous blossoming garden. A young boy named John from a nearby farmhouse came to say hello and noticed I was hungry before inviting me to enjoy some hot fresh bread at the farmhouse. A blaring alarm filled the living room, it was time for John to go milk the cows. The alarm kept ringing it wouldn’t go away and I felt very dizzy fading in and out of reality. I heard so many voices saying “it will be okay” amongst the beeping sounds of hundreds of cars. I could see blue and red flashing lights and shadows of people surrounding me with a glimpse of the flower shop in the corner of my eye. I was then placed on a stretcher into the back of an Ambulance bound for hospital as I appeared to have tripped when looking for Frankie and received a nasty gash to my forehead. I guess I will have to buy my flowers tomorrow.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!