Ralph's Birthday Wish

There once lived a young boy whose name was Ralph, now Ralph lived on a small island called Bakugo. Ralph was an only child, so he felt lonely but that all changed when one day he met another young boy named Evan, they became best of friends. Unfortunately, one day they were playing together and tripped over, Ralph sprained his ankle, Evan had broken his arm. Ever since that day their parents have not talked to each other... not even once.
But every night the boys would talk through their windows, this went on for 2 months before Ralphs parents took Ralph out of school so they could home-school him and to stop Ralph and Evan going to the same school. Ralphs parents would make him get up at five in the morning to study and do his chores. Years went on with the same routine, Evan and Ralph were now both 11 and Ralph’s Birthday is in a week. Every day Ralph would talk to his parents about his birthday, but they seemed to never care. Then the night before his birthday, he could not sleep with all the excitement.
The next morning, he heard his alarm, got up and did his chores, but instead of studying he went to ask his parents if they remembered his birthday. They were not awake yet, so Ralph waited…. and waited, but they just weren’t waking up, so he decided to wake them and hope to not get them mad.
When he opened their bedroom door they were not in bed! Ralph didn’t panic he just thought that they could be out in the garden, but Ralph didn’t want to check because they would make him help, so he just started studying. Eventually his parents burst through the door and Ralph ran from his room to see where they were. They explained to him that they were just at Evan’s house organizing him to visit and that they were also buying him school supplies because he was going back. Ralph was super excited, but that wasn’t all, his parents said they invited Evans and his mum over for tea and that just made Ralph even more excited.
Ralph went and got ready but what seemed strange was why were his parents being so nice? When he was ready, he ran outside, sure enough Evan was out there waiting for him, so they started having a fantastic time. Suddenly Ralph tripped over and landed in a bush and in there were some squirrels and he heard them talking. Ralph was curious, how can he hear them talk?
The squirrel came up to him and yelled “DO YOU MIND?!”, Ralph stuttered in amazement and quickly hopped out of the bush. He could hear a noise it sounded like his alarm... and in a blink he was in his bed, and it was all just a dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!