Liberty Equality Fraternity

British warships tore through the once tranquil waters of Aboukir Bay,
He gazed upon the gathering fleet, beheld a horrid terror etched on his face.
Of France heed he, her glorious pride, her rightful place, her bliss beauty,
For they now sailed, atop the Nile, for hopes of a new France anew, they say.
Beneath the wavering shadow of the humble Tricolour, trembling as they pray
Each man, as they faithfully heeded the word of their nation’s own embrace,
“Liberty! Equality! Fraternity!” the tripartite vision made their case.
They now looked, no longer astray, steadfast, all waiting, for this day.

Wily puppets of bobbing lights at play, veiled by the humble darkness of sea.
Like fierce lightning, cannons viciously thundered loose across the bay,
The Orient fell to the onslaught, groaning under its unparalleled beauty.
No more. As tongues of flame engulfed the once magnificent Orient, men stay
No longer for medals or titles, or mortal rewards, but for the world they see,
Where the dream “Liberty, Equality, Fraternity” is destined to their fate.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!