Jack And Tom's Adventure

Mesmerised, Jack and Tom stood still in front of an intriguing oak tree. It had a hollow trunk that produced an iridescent glow.
They had been playing handball at Bridge Park like always. They enjoyed playing there as fascinating things often occurred.; But this one day, they didn’t expect for this to happen.
As soon as the boys entered the trunk. BANG! They were catapulted into an unknown land. It was as cold there. Trees were covered with icicles, and the ground was covered with a thick blanket of snow.
“Where are we?” Tom asked. Before Jack could reply, a frozen figure frantically approached the boys.
“Help!” The creature exclaimed, “We need your help to retrieve our golden crystal! You are the only ones that can save our land from the mud men.”
“Should we help them?” Tom asked.
“Ok,” Jack said, not understanding what he agreed to.
“Take these crystals”, the creature added handing, over three different coloured crystals. “One will make you invisible, one will hypnotise you, and the other will make you fly! But don’t forget that you should not use these at the same time; otherwise, bad things will happen.”
“Thanks!” exclaimed the boys.
So off they went, trudging through the thick snow for hours. The sound of crunching snow as they walked started to irritate the boys.
Once they got closer, the boys stood silent and still behind a tree.
They could see the mud castle ahead. Creatures guarded it—terrifying and dangerous creatures. Jack pulled out the invisibility crystal. He thought it best to turn them invisible so that they could get past the guards safely.
Quietly, they managed to sneak into the mud king’s castle.
Once inside, they could see four turrets. Tom caught a glimpse of light in one of the turrets and instantly knew that was where the golden crystal was.
A dragon was guarding the turret. It had razor-sharp teeth and a fiery breath. Its claws were like knives. This was when Tom pulled out the hypnotising crystal to use on the dragon.
Once hypnotised, the boys could retrieve the golden crystal, and they needed to return to the icemen.
“Flying crystal?” Jack asked.
“Yep!” Tom replied.
Joyfully they flew back and returned the golden crystal to the iceman.
“Oh, thank you so much!” shrieked the creatures joyfully.
In return, the ice creature gave Tom and Jack a wishing crystal. They could wish for whatever they wanted.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!