Kindness In New Beginings

Kindness in Slavery
Shale was working through the field as he always does every day but today feels different, as if by some weird way things were about to change. Shale was an abnormal human or a Hybrid, mostly human but he’s was also part Dragonkin. Dragonkin are Dragons with a Humanoid shape. He looked up to the sky and saw a shadow flying above the clouds, to any normal Villager this would be a cause for panic but to Shale he already lost everything he cares about and he doesn’t fear death anymore. After a few moments he returned to his fielding, what he didn’t notice that the “shape” was circling his field. Shale starts to feel a gust he looked up to see a Dragon flying down towards his field, he stood not fazed as the Dragon landed. The dragon turned his head to Shale as he spoke “Human why don’t you fear me; do you think you can escape me?” Shale turned away and said with his usual monotone voice “If you’re going to kill me just do it.” This response seems to have elicit a response out of the dragon, it seems to have an idea in mind. “all being show their True colours at the brink of death, Human” as the dragon spoke he sent his tail towards Shale. Shale still continued his work as if he didn’t even notice, the dragon’s tail stopped inches away from Shale’s head. Shale looked at the dragon with the same eyes as he did before. the dragon took his tail away and start talking again “Human, after that I can tell, your soul is broken.” Shale looked at the dragon and he continued talking “My name is Rykor and I see that you are now just a husk so I will tell you what will happen now. I will return in a month and if you’re still alive by then I am taking you back to my cave and you will become my servant. I will give your meaningless life purpose.” Shale turned to Rykor and says “alright. See you in a month.” Rykor eyed him suspiciously before flying off. Shale stood still unsure what to make of this predicament “at least I’ll be use to someone” he says. The day’s rolled past and before Shale knew it one month has been up, sitting down outside his field he saw the familiar shape of Rykor and sure enough it was. He landed and the same cold look. “well, well I’m surprised you’re not dead but then again you wouldn’t of survived this long if you were easy to kill. Come on I’ll let you ride on my back this once.” He ordered Shale obeyed and they set off. For the first time in a long time Shale had some sense of purpose and he was looking forward to the challenges ahead.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!