Haunted street




HAUNTED STREET



Many years ago we decided to go on a holiday. My dad had a friend who owned an old house in the country. He offered this house to us for free. So we packed up the car and drove for hours and hours. We eventually saw the sign that said “haunted street”. We turned in and drove which seemed like we were driving for miles and miles, around windy and twisty roads until eventually we got there. To our amazement the house was a medieval castle with big iron gates at the front. My dad drove up to the gates and sounded the horn. To my amazement they opened. As we drove down the long driveway I felt as if there was something not right.

My dad was so excited but I knew something was wrong. We eventually unpacked the car and took our luggage into the house. We started to explore the house very cautiously. As I walked through the house there were many beautiful paintings of famous people and I felt that all the eyes on the paintings were watching my every move.

Anyway its tea time and mum has made a huge roast it was delicious. After tea we turned on the television and to our disappointment there was no sound. We decided to all go to our rooms. My sister (Blair) decided to sleep in the end bedroom. Mum and dad took the room at the other end of the hall so that left me with the middle room.

I got into my pyjamas and hopped into bed and went off to sleep quite quickly as I was so tired from the long drive. At around 3am in the morning I awake to a spine tingling screech. I immediately jumped out of bed and ran into my parent’s room. I woke Mum up and yelled
“Mum did you hear that?” Mum said, hear what?
“That screech!” I said.
No, I didn’t hear anything. Go back to bed before you wake your father! I am so scared, can I just stay with you for the night?
Mum fell asleep, so I walked back to my room and lay on my bed for a few minutes. I couldn’t get to sleep so I thought I would roam around for a bit.











I looked out the window and the sky was full of lighting and thunder. It looked so scary. I quickly closed the curtains and proceeded to explore the house. I was determined to find out where the screech came from. I headed towards the bathroom and there was that screech again. I looked to my right and the bathroom window was open and there was a tree branch scrapping against the open window. This was the screeching noise I could hear. I proceeded back to my room where I enjoyed a good night sleep and was looking forward to a waking up in the morning.

I am looking forward to another adventurous day. This house is going to be an exiting place to stay.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!