I Thought We Were Friends

Coco and Teddy were the best of friends, but not after that unforgettable night. Coco and Teddy were at summer camp and on the first day they met, they instantly became best friends. They were inseparable although they knew they would be leaving in 20 days.

The next morning the sun was shining and the tree leaves had dew drops lingering on them. The day had warmed up, which was lucky as they had to go to the beach for lifesaving. Teddy had to pretend to be drowning and of course Coco was saving him. When they headed back up the camp and there he was the nicest boy ever, JOSH! And he asked Coco to be friends.

I was happy for her, making so many new friends. On the last day, she wouldn’t even talk to me or if she did it was always about Josh. Josh this and Josh that. JOSH! I hated it but luckily I got to go home and end the torture of my best friend no longer talking to me. But as I reflected on summer camp, I didn’t know if I would ever see Coco again.

Then, one day, out of the blue, it happened. Josh and Coco were in the car together going to the train station to go home. As it so happened, I was in the car behind them and BOOM! The biggest car accident I have ever seen. I started crying because even though I hated her at this point for not talking to me, I still cared for her. For a distressing moment there I thought she was gone.

One week later I went to the hospital to see her and the doctor said she was in a coma. I ran out of the hospital room crying in disbelief.

A month later, she finally came out of her coma. I was just so happy. I went in to see her and you would never guess who was in there, JOSH! I hated him so much for taking my best friend away but I still went in.
Josh screamed, “Get out!”
So I never went there again and never saw her again. I was so sad never to see my childhood friend again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!