That Little Gecko!

I was lying in bed one morning, listening to my stomach grumble, pondering what I should have for breakfast. I leapt out of bed with extreme precision and wandered out of the room craving raw fish, when something caught my attention: A Gecko! The little lizard was flying across my walls! Pupils shrinking, I pounced! It went into the bathroom, I want into the bathroom, it jumped into the sink, I jumped into the sink. Eventually, the slimy thing got away, but I was on the lookout! I sat down, exhausted from my adventure, and decided that a little nap would be nice, only for five minutes!
Awoken from my slumber, I looked at the clock on the wall. I had slept for three hours! I got up, stretched, walked over to my couch, and sat down in front of it. As I was looking up at it, I realised what a stupid couch it was, and I could make something way more useful with it. Suddenly, 5 razor sharp knives snapped out of my fingers! I didn't remember having those before!
“Any last words?” I purred to the couch, sensing its fear. I leapt out at it, claws extended and attacked the expensive red velvet. Chunks went flying everywhere and I felt murderous, yet extremely satisfied.
I sat down to admire my handiwork when I saw it, scuttling across my wall, climbing over my paintings, and dripping slime all over my floor! That little gecko! This was unacceptable! With my newly founded claws, I sprang into action! I smashed into the wall centimetres below the foul creature. The gecko athletically leapt over my head and accelerated across the floor, almost as if it were mocking me. No. Not in my house! I needed a plan!
Later that day, my trap was set! Fuel covered the walls, ceiling, and floor and a pan with a lighter was suspended over a chair. This was so when the Gecko tried to escape my ferocious attacks, it would slip and slide right into the conveniently placed frying pan which would burn the annoying creature to ashes. I couldn’t wait! I sat and I waited ...
It was only hours later when I heard the familiar soft sound. Splat splat splat!
The Gecko! I stayed deathly still, waiting for it to fall for my clever plan. It was at that moment something really good and something terribly bad happened. The good thing was that the gecko fell right into my trap. The bad thing was I forgot that the fuel was exceptionally flammable. Whoops.
The house went up in a huge ball of fire! Using my catlike senses, I leapt through the fire and out of the house smashing through the windows and singeing my tail.
“My tail!?” I yelped outside the burning wreckage! Then I passed out.
Just imagine walking by my burning house and spotting a little cat passed out while a smug lizard casually walked away!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!