Dancing With The Devil

Dancing With The Devil

Elle felt her body go as light as a feather. So this is what it was like after death. ‘NEXT!’ Elle’s eyes shot open. She looked at the new environment. Well, it was actually a black void. Looking behind her, Elle saw a pathway with a line of people going all the way until the end. That’s if there was an end. ‘NEXT!’ Elle looked in front of her. It wasn’t an angel or a demon for that matter. It was a blonde man who looked like he was in his thirties. He had a very bored expression, he was holding a list. It took Elle a second to realise that he was waiting for her. ‘Uh, sorry what?’ He rolled his eyes. ‘Heaven or Hell?’ Elle blinked. ‘Um, Hell?’ She questioned. As she was about to say Heaven the man clicked his pen and whispered to himself. ‘That’s a first’ He looked at her and suddenly she was falling.

Elle expected to land on a harsh cold floor or in boiling hot lava. But instead she landed on a pile of black feathers that felt softer than clouds. She was surprised to say the least. Confused she got up and looked around. It looked as if she was in a castle, there was lava in the walls lighting up the passage way. She followed it until she heard a faint beat of music coming from the next room. She looked at the large doors in front of her, they were reddish looking, with black vines and thorns twisting around the door frame. It matched the dark mahogany tiles and bricks the castle was made out of. Slowly Elle pushed the door open.



Standing inside was a man in his mid-twenties, he had black raven hair, with skin that was almost pure white. It was funny to say, but his voice was angelic as he sung. He turned his head towards her and almost shrieked out of shock. Elle was stunned in amazement of his eyes, they were a glowing crystal, ruby red. Elle noticed he had horns, they were a bright red, his tail however was a dark grey. He was wearing a black suit that well, suited him.

They stared at each other for a while. ‘Ahem.’ He finally broke the silence. ‘I’m Lucifer.’ Elle chuckled. ‘I’m Elle.’ He looked at her oddly. ‘Tell me, why did you pick hell?’ Elle bit her lip. ‘Ah, a mistake.’ He nodded in understanding. Elle looked at him sadly. ‘If I had known it was this beautiful, I would’ve chosen here anyway.’ Elle smiled at him. He looked surprised. ‘I suppose. Say, Elle. Do you like to dance?’ Elle looked at him confused.

Elle gasped as a red streak floated around her, changing her clothing into a black dress. Lucifer held out his hand expectantly. Elle smiled, Lucifer was just another misunderstood person. He wasn’t bad. She really was dancing with the Devil.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!