Zozo And Zolo

Zolo and Zozo are twin aliens. They are both purple, have two eyes on top of their heads, four feet tall with bright personalities. Their Mum (Aliena) was super proud of the girls that every day she would let them pick dinner. Being twins they always had the same idea. No doubt about that. Sometimes life is not perfect though. The twins realized that when they heard a knock at the door...KNOCK! KNOCK! Aliena raced to the door thinking it was the mail alien. She had brought something for the twin’s birthday which was coming up soon. She was over the moon excited about that.
"Greetings Aliens!" pronounced a weird, figured man standing on the door mat.
"AAAAAAAHHHHHH!" shouted Zolo and Zozo's mother," Am I imagining things?"
She wasn’t. Zolo and Zozo reached the hallway to see their mother dazed, sitting back on the door.
"What's wrong mum?" they asked together. KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK! HELLO?
"Gwyfegyvgewu?" blurted Aliena," I mean, I think it was a a a human?!"
The girls stopped dead in their tracks. A human had killed their father when he was on an expedition...
The three girls backed away from the door slowly. Aliena grabbed a shovel. The visitor was banging and trying to get into the door. Aliena told the girls to go to their room and hide under blankets. She couldn't risk them dying. She heard a click. She ran. Zolo and Zozo were under their blankets when Aliena called out: "Run!" Except there was nowhere to run. The only escape was the window. That small window that they had dreaded for a long time. Zolo went first clinging from the windowsill and leaping into the garbage bin. Zozo climbed quietly, coming down until she was hanging by her fingertips. Even though Zozo climbed out quietly, fear welled up inside of her making her dangle from the windowsill.
Zolo and Aliena reached up to help her but couldn’t reach Zozo. The curse of the short arms! The fear stayed inside of her, forcing her body to start crying. The human must’ve heard her crying because the knocking stopped…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!