War Is Hell

RUN!!!!!
John, an orphaned kid ran. He heard gunshots in the distance but did not even care to turn around. A couple of years ago, a bomb struck their home. John was with his parents when it happened, the year is 1916. Men in green camouflage suits with guns came in and started attacking. His parents were killed, only not by a human, something more malevolent. But no time to talk about that now, John thought as he ran through battlefields past all the soldiers. He ran into a somehow, untouched house. John was settled down by now, had some soup, lamb and a nap.
CRASH!!! The door broke down and two soldiers ran into the house, John ran and hid under a small desk that he can just fit into. A shadow loomed on the wall in front of him, but something that was not the soldier stood. John could see weird black goo leaking out of its eyes, it had long sharp pointed knives, as black as the night, attached the end of its fingertips. It’s long black waving tentacles on the back, sent shivers down his spine. But one of the most frightening features of it, was the lopsided grin. Its tongue was long and pointy, hanging outside of its mouth. It started screeching when the soldier screamed. John closed his eyes, and when he opened them again the monster and the soldier where gone. He heard the other soldier scream as John jumped out the window on the first floor. He started running, it chased him as he came to a dead end this is it, he was going to die. Until the monster screamed a human like scream, he watched as the monster was shot down by his friend Tom.
John and Tom ran off, as they ran Tom started talking about a safe place and once they got there Tom let John in. Tom and John had been friends since grade one, Tom is eleven and John is nine. As they walked in they could see a lot of people in there. They were all kids and adults. That night John looked out at the crumbling earth he heard a noise outside, a screeching. There was another monster!
It started banging on the door. CRASH!!! The door broke down and John ran to the gun supplies, but all the guns were gone. The monster had eaten them, but that would mean…... John looked behind him, there stood the monster, it lashed at John, but he dodged and ran, the monster in pursuit. It started screeching, Tom came out with a gun, but the monster attacked him. John kept running, the monster did not take its concentration off him as it kept on lashing out. John dodged every attack, but the monster didn’t stop- it wouldn’t stop- until John was dead. And then it happened! The thing John dreaded would happen. He had just become latest casualty of the cruel war.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!