TELL ME NO LIES

“It's so noisy they won’t shush, really you had to do that right next to me it stinks what did you eat today?”
Today I woke up early and went straight to the zoo- where I heard strange noises, I crept up to the gates and I could not believe my eyes! The giraffe was having a coffee with the meerkats and having a good old chat! Then I suddenly heard the sloth yelling out slowly of course saying “Where did you get that coffee? The giraffe said “in Zoey's room.”


I waited until I could not see the sloth anymore and I approached the giraffe and said, “I did not know you could drink coffee?” He looked at me and said “I did not know you could speak giraffe!” “I'm not speaking giraffe I’m speaking English just like you!” I replied.
“I don't get it I can speak like a human?”
“Yes you can!”

The park started to fill with people and that's when I met the new worker and we talked for a while. I nearly spat out what happened today so I said I had to run. I went into the back sloth enclosure that you can't hear anything out of. So I went in there and screamed my loudest.

The next day I came early again and met all the animals especially my favourite ones. There was Sofie the sloth, Gerry the giraffe, the trio of meerkats, and Arlo the monkey. Then it was opening hours. Today I had to feed the meerkats it was only meant to take ten minutes but I talked for all of that.

That night when I was watching the news it came up as the headline, ‘police are investigating the breakout of a giraffe, sloth, monkey and three meerkats’. I rushed to the zoo only to find a big hole in the fence.

I travelled for ages and finally a giraffe walked across the road. I yelled out “Gerry” ‘Huh it’s so squishy in here” said Arlo. “Don't you start complaining my head is hanging out of the sun roof!” Gerry said.

“The police are coming up after me. “Gerry get your head inside of the car!”
The officer approached. “Hi mam I thought I saw a giraffe hanging out of the sunroof?”
“No that was just my giraffe teddy” Then I hear a fart.
“Who was that” the officer asked. “Mam I need you to step out…” Vrmmmmmm!

Oh no I've started a police chase!” “Zoey there are three police cars coming up” Arlo yelled, “Give me those banana peels”.
“There gonna be slipping down the road” said the meerkats.
“Those suckers must have crashed or something?”
“Zoey I just found some TNT in the glovebox, who’s got the matches?”
“We are certainly not setting it off!” I screamed.
“What? I can’t hear you?”

BOOM!!!!
“Thanks a lot now we have to walk”
“AHHHHHHHH you are so annoying!”
“I know right?”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!