Haunted Theme Park

“LUANAAAAA!” Emma shouted. “WHAT. HAVE. YOU. DONE!!!”
“Calm down, we aren’t going to die”, Luana replied. “Yes we are! Look!” Emma yelled. Luana looked at the loop that they were speeding towards. “I don’t see any…”. Up ahead was the most humongous loop they had ever seen and right where the cart would go upside down was a missing track piece. “What are we going to do? We’re going to die!” Luana sobbed.
Emma sunk into her comfortable bed when a thought popped into her head. Picking up her phone she shot her friend a text. “Tonight we leave. Pack your bag and meet me at the hideout at midnight, I have found a place we can camp out”, she told her. “It isn't that far away”. Soon enough they were standing outside the abandoned Cool Zone theme park.
“JUMP!” Emma yells grabbing Luana’s arm and taking her with her when she launched from the cart. They hit the ground with a huge impact rolling and bumping on the concrete. “Agh Emma theres a pole sticking out of my leg!!” Luana cried in agony. Emma jerked her head in Luana’s direction ignoring the fact that their cart rolled over the gap between the tracks. “Omg! I’m going to go get some bandages before she bleeds to death!”
Sprinting like a cheetah Emma came to a gift shop. She quickened her pace running towards the open door. Leaping over the counter looking for anything that resembled a first aid kit, she spotted a white box. Emma lunged towards the box on a nearby shelf but tripped on a chord which triggered an alarm blaring louder than a police siren. Suddenly a clown like figure emerged from a shadowed part of the store. She screamed louder than a banshee rushing towards the open door. She would go back for the first aid kit later. Emma was still running but the clown was running after her too and when she finally got back to the ride the clown was already there waiting with a knocked out Luana in his arms. Frantically she ran in the opposite direction scrolling through her phone to call her mum. She didn’t have a choice. “Hello Jenny speak…” Emma’s mum started.
“Yeah I know who you are, it’s me. You have to come to Cool Zone theme park. That’s where we’re hiding. Bring the police”, she ended the call knowing her mum would interrogate her with questions. They better get here before it’s too late.
Finally her mum arrived with the police. “Come on he’s this way”, Emma shouted leading the way sprinting towards the roller coaster. The police cornered the clown and arrested him. “Wait can I see his face?” Emma asked before the police put him in their car. “Okay if you say so”, the police officer said hesitantly. Quickly he retrieved a handkerchief from the front seat of the vehicle. The police officer started to rub the face paint off when Emma stumbled back. “Dad?”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!