Warzone!

Boom! Crash! What was that? As I wake up to the horrible gun shots like boulders crashing right on the top of our house. Minutes later I hear booming sounds from everyone outside. I rush out without even thinking about getting dressed. I bash the door down like all of the dark and creepy police or FBI do. I see the dirtiest lakes that anyone has seen. The fish are even trying to climb out of the lake because they can’t swim in it and are trying to get through the dirt and all the rocks that they have to dodge in the water from the bad vision in the puffed up lake. As soon as I heard one more scary crash I realised our lagoon had turned into a warzone and was being attacked!
I rush back, run over our door that has been smashed and wake up the rest of my family that surprisingly haven’t woken up. I show them what has happened and they start running around screaming their lungs out. We hear another bang and my younger brother comes speeding out of his room screaming about his bedroom being destroyed, I run to it because it is mine too and it is scorching hot, hotter than the sun and bursting with flames. My mum is screaming as she comes out of hers which also is in flames. “Everyone pack the things that you can fit into your bag and run out to the safety bunker!” Mum screamed at the top of her lungs over the noise.
I rushed around the house trying to find my most prized possessions because my bedroom just got destroyed.
I finally grab all of my prized possessions and my things then run straight to the bunker. As we all enter the bunker Mum screams “We have to find a new place where no one can find us!”
The next morning I wake up after a stressful sleep through the night, mum has already woken up and is trying to wake everyone else so we can make a run for it and try to get out of this warzone. After everyone gets dressed mum lifts up the bunker door and looks out at the battlefield that is bursting with flames. The flames are massive. I can feel the heat from a mile away.
Mum shouts over everyone, and we all jump out of the underground bunker and run. We are all running right across the battlefield. We make it over the field with burn marks and dirt all over us. Mum annoyingly tells us we have to hike over the mountains that stand here.
We start running as fast as we can for the first tiniest bit until we are out of sight from the army. We hike for many days and many nights trying to find a town and then after what feels like years we make it to our new hometown at the bottom of Africa in Cape Town.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!