Dangerous Scuba Diving



Dangerous Scuba Diving

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! It has my leg! I need to think fast. It is keeping me under, and I need to breath. I have been snorkeling for two hours now and it is 4AM. I am bleeding a lot. The shark is pulling me deeper and deeper. Now I cannot see. What can I do? Pain shoots down my arm. I try to move my arm, but I can’t. Now I have nothing to lose, and I will do anything to take a breath of air.

I try to wrestle the shark, but it is no use, the shark is way too strong. I’m trying to pull up, I give it all I have got. I’m starting to come up and now I can see light. Oh No, it’s pulling down again. OH, NO I see another shark, as blood attracts sharks. It’s another great white. It takes a bite at me; blood is pouring out of where the sharks just bitten me. I feel like I have no chance of surviving, I’m in a pool of blood, there are two angry great whites and I need to breath. I’m just about to give up when the sharks swim off for a seal.

I swim to the top of the water and take a deep breath of fresh air. I see a boat coming and I wave my one good arm frantically. Yes, they take me aboard and bring me to shore. I get rushed into the hospital and then I am given anesthetic. After the operation I see the doctor, whose name is Mike, he says “hello Tom do you know how many stitches you had to get? No how many did I have to get? 140 stitches” gosh I never thought I needed that many.

After I recovered, I went for another dive and I found a shipwreck. I swam into it and looked at so many moray eels. I swam out and found a pregnant sea krait. It lurched at me, but I dodged it but then it lurched at me again and it finally bit me. Now I have only ten minutes till the venom will kill me! Luckily, I am not too far away from the shore, but blood came out of the wound, so the lifeguards sent a boat out to find me. They found me and brought me back to shore.

Now I only have five minutes till the venom will kill me. They start to drive me to hospital. When we get there, I only have two more minutes. I get into the room; I have one more minute as the doctor injects the antivenom and just in time thirty seconds to go, Oh No! The doctor got the wrong one, ten more seconds, five more seconds finally I get the right one; phew that was close. Once recovered, I go down to the beach again, but I’m going there to enjoy the sand and not the water.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!