Scar Alley

The moonlit alley was dark and cold. A raccoon darted through the rubbish, alertly, like a robber. Suddenly the raccoon looked up, twitching its nose, it froze then began to run for safety. Halfway it yelped then fell to the ground dead. The outline of a woman was barely visible against the moon’s evil face. The woman swept down the alley, like a dress with no body inside it. The woman lowered her hood, as the words came from her mouth “I’m coming for you”
Scarlett McPatterson woke with a start. She let the dream flow through her head again. Great, she thought...Scar Alley was the alley in her dream. She had to walk through this alley today to get to the shops. She decided to bring her brother Kenny with her because he would listen to this crazy dream.
Kenny listened as they walked up the street. Scarlett sighed as they found Scar Alley in front of them. Kenny began to wander down the alley.
“Kenny” Scarlett said
“Scaredy Cat” Kenny teased, then he stopped and waited.
Scarlett reluctantly followed then she saw the dead raccoon and then footprints...a woman's foot prints! Who was this person and who was she coming for next?
The next night was different as the shadows stood aglow. Along Scar Alley, she did go. Her hood was high, and her head was low. Walking evenly, she passed the trash bags like a robber in disguise. She finally reached Scarlett’s house, her goal. Smiling slyly, she dug in her pocket and found a pin. She stuck it in the door and finally picked the lock. She stepped into the house silent and sneaky. Scarlett’s room was close.
Sitting up in bed, Scarlett sensed danger. She saw a woman’s head, her mouth dropped open. She could not breathe nor speak. The woman smiled.
“You sensed me, didn’t you?” She said not moving her lips.
Without warning, she lunged, Scarlett jumped up sending her enemy into the shelf. The enemy tightened her grip on her gun. Scarlett jumped up but it was too late, the woman was on top of her ready to strike! It seemed impossible for her to win now. Can she win?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!