I SEE THE LIGHT

Darkness corrupts. Darkness inspires fear and hate. Darkness is a synonym for death. These letters form words , which form sentences blaring through my head , pulsing in time to my thumping ,, racing heart. I am running , my feet pounding the earth below me. Rain lashes my stinging cheeks , and lightning tears the ominous thunderclouds above into hurtling , jagged arrows of horror. My eyes dance around me , honing in on things , then zooming to the next target. I risk a glimpse behind me , and swallow a horrified sob. Behind me is a wall of pure , inky , midnight ebony darkness. I realise that I cant win this race , I cant heave Deaths hand from my shoulder , cant unwind Forgotten’s arm from around my waist- I am gone. I allow myself to stop , and Lights only fear engulfs me. I swirl and tumble through oblivion , resigning myself to my fate- And see a tiny flicker of light , rearing its head angrily. I look around , searching for the source of this light. But I never had to- I already know. The part of me that sparked up in anger , the part of me that held defiance- The light is WITHIN me. I finally see it , too- I see the Light.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!