The Coerce Betrayal

With his complacency shown wide, the alacrity of their relationship fell apart.
The brusque stinging of the sword stricken in her chest, flamed aloud as he had her outsmart.
Her hands trembled as she reached for the sword that invited the pain and looked down from his once amiable character,
but her hands held onto nothing but the air, that surrounded her and her old confidant’s chamber.
While pain had remained, the sword and blood had not,
and for one more daring moment, she looked up to meet his eyes, reminded by the warmth she once saw, now she had forgot.

“Do you abhor me? Were you not meant to acquiesce with me and this war?”
She uttered, meeting his gaze, as he had finally abandoned his disguise.
He let his callous hands reach to the ground,
and he performed to her an aberration for witnesses looking wide.
“My dear, you’ve come from a prestige family, I doubt you would understand my lies,
for when you speak about the woes this war, you don’t realise what your people hide,
as you speak of your own troubles and hardships, yet not of the kid’s small socks burnt on the roads side.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!