On An Island

On an island a little girl named Savannah was born. She watched the hula dancing hoping to be one one day. One day she was playing in the cold water and she felt something slimy touch her leg “Aaaah!” she said. Then she ran away. The next day she came back and felt it. She said to herself “Don’t panic me.” Then she looked down. It was a dolphin. “What’s your name?” It said, “A dolphin name of course!” “I’ll call you Flipper,” she said. The next day she came to see if he was there. Flipper was not there. “Flipper,” she called. “Flipper!” she said one last time. Then she heard Flipper, but then she looked up. He was in a net carried by a ship. She swam after him. Then she met these friendly sailors. “Can I have a ride?” “Sure,” they said. “Ok’” so she went. When they got there, she saw Flipper at the zoo. She asked, “Can I have him back?” “No!” they said. “What if we had a dancing challenge?” Savannah asked. “Ok,” so the next day they did it. The judges were all ready. First it was the zookeeper. He was really good. Then it was Sav doing hula dancing. The judges said to the zookeeper “Nine out of ten.” The zookeeper said, “Cool I bet she cannot beat that.” “And to Savannah drumroll please ten out of ten.” “Yay!!!” So they grabbed Flipper and went back. Flipper was free. Savannah was a hula dancer. They thanked the sailors and invited them to dinner.
The end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!