Washed Away And Torn Apart

Once a giant wave washed out a beautiful village called Pineville. Most families were torn apart and separated.
There was this family called the Apple-Garth’s. They had two children. They were called Sarah and Carl. Sarah was twelve and Carl was eight.
When the village got flooded Sarah and Carl were separated from their mum and dad and they washed up on a desert Island. “What are we to do! what are we to do!” says Sarah very distressfully “We should build a fort and live in it,” says Carl. “Oh, you are such a silly boy carl!” says Sarah. They thought very hard for a couple of minutes. Then Sarah said “I’ve got it! I’ve got it!”. “Got what”? Says carl. “I’ve got an Idea silly”! says Sarah. “We will gather large branches and tree string then make a raft. Come on, let’s get started!” “I will get the tree string and you get the branches.” “Let’s go”. Then Carl went to find branches for the raft. Suddenly a coconut fell from the tree on his foot and he was badly injured, so he started to cry. Sarah heard him and came rushing to see what had happened. After trying to comfort him she said, “This is hopeless! We will never get off this island!”

Suddenly a group of dolphins came swimming up to the beach. After hearing the children’s story, they offered to give them a ride back home. Sarah and Carl were thrilled to hear this. Before they left Sarah ran and got a palm leaf and wrapped it around Carl’s foot and said “Now we’re ready let’s go dolphins.” Then Sarah lifted Carl onto a dolphin and climbed on one herself. They skimmed along the water’s top on the dolphin’s backs to reach their home where their mum and dad were. Sarah screamed with delight “This is the coolest way to get off a desert island!” Then suddenly Carl fell off his dolphin and he didn’t know how to swim so Sarah dived in after him. Sarah caught Carl and swam up to the surface with him. They grabbed hold of the dolphins and pulled themselves up.
Sarah gasped “Are you okay, Carl?” “Yes.” Said Carl choking a bit. I’ll be more careful and hold on tighter.
They soon reached the main land where they thanked the dolphins and found the remains of what used to be their village, Pineville. They walked along the street where they used to live and saw the place their house once was. They found their parents camping nearby and were reunited with great happiness.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!