Why Birds Eat Fish

Finalist in the 'The Write Note 2021' competition

As still as stone, the prince fish finally found the gaze of a princess bird. Mesmerized, they started at each other as if they were wondrously glued together. Sweating like a turkey on thanksgiving, the fish spoke first.
“H - hi,” he stammered shyly. Similarly, the bird was also not very confident, but managed to utter a few words.
“Hi...I’m Princess Heroine,” She softly said.
“Well, I’m Prince Sarione.” Sarione confidently remarked.
The two animals started settling down, and started being very benevolent to each other, until Heroine needed to return to her kingdom. “My wondrous kingdom isn’t far from yours,” She reminded Sarione before she took flight.
“We can visit anytime.” As both of them arrived home, their parents couldn’t believe what they just heard from Sarione and Heroine. Like dehydrated soldiers, they thought they were hallucinating.
“That’s not true, is it?” gasped Queen Anemone. But it was definite it was true.
“That is impossible!” Shouted King Reefis. He unnecessarily flicked a shell.
“You can’t be friends with a bird! They are our greatest enemies!”
“What!?” gasped Sarione and Heroine.
Eyes glimmering dangerously, Heroine had heard the same traumatizing words from her parents, King StormStrider and Queen Angelic.
Hearing their words of doom, both royals ran to their rooms and wept like babies. Even worse, the war between their kingdoms were just about to start.
Belligerently, bird soldiers dived to snatch fish and the furious fish splashed them with water. Undoubtedly, the battle was on. Heroine and Saroine had no other choice, but to join in the war effort.
Suddenly, a brave lion, Heroine made the most controversial choice. Without noticing, Heroine, swooped up Saroine! WHOOSH! In a wink, Herione GULPED DOWN SARIONE!!! Realizing what she had done, Heroine drowned herself in the sea.
Finally at peace, Heroine and Sarione lived in Heaven, but as the entire bird kingdom had witnessed Heroine gulp down Sarione, they did the same.
This is the reason why birds eat fish.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!