Dangerous Waters

Below the deep depths of the ocean lay a secret. A secret kept between the unforgiving waters of the Bermuda triangle and the creatures that lurked this mysterious land. The Bermuda triangle was a place of fear, nobody dared to dive into certain doom, they knew whatever was under there didn’t want to be discovered, at least not for now. Anybody courageous enough to face these turbulent waters vanished inexplicably without a trace, disappearing forever into the clutches of the Bermuda triangle, swallowed by its evilness.
A science laboratory off the coast of Florida was quietly observing the peculiar behaviours of these tempestuous waters of tragedy- analysing its every move, waiting for it to strike next, trying to figure out what it was hiding.
On a stormy winter’s day is where this story of unravelling the truth begins. Droplets of rain pierced the flesh of the three scientists who stood out in the cold rain, tightly clutching their umbrellas, ready to begin their journey. Their stomachs churned with fear as they stared out at the murky blue waters that awaited them, clueless as to what it had in store for them. Finally, the moment of horror arrived, they entered the icy waves of dread.
The blistering winds created an inferno of monstrous waves, towering over the small boat, which carried the lives of Robert, Cole, and Matt. The sky was painted a shadowy grey, not a single ray of sunlight peered through the thick, misty layer of clouds. They gazed down into the infinite pit of deep navy-blue water, knowing that soon they would be plunging down in search of its mysteries. “We are risking our lives for something we may not find.” Cole murmured.
“We can’t go back now.” Matt remarked. Yet deep down he felt a shiver of regret creep up his spine, questioning why he ever agreed to this.
“Are you ready?” Robert questioned.
“Yes” they said unsurely. But really, they knew they were not ready, not even close.
The water was icy cold, it paralysed them from head to toe. As they swam deeper and deeper into the water the light of the surface quickly faded.
Hours of worthless searching passed, looking for anything remotely useful. Nothing. As they decided the search was over, they suddenly heard a noise that made their hearts stop beating. Like nothing they’ve heard before, a haunting shriek echoing for miles and miles. They knew they weren’t safe. Abruptly they felt a powerful unseen, unknown force draws them further and further down. They couldn’t stop it; they knew they couldn’t. It was their fate, they felt it in their aching bones.
They were now a part of the Bermuda triangles collection, forever missing, never to be found. As they sunk to the bottom of the ocean, they saw it. The secret. A city. The oceans own civilisation, the lost city of Atlantis…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!