Was It Really Just A Dream?

I’m in the woods running as fast as I can. There’s a minotaur chasing me. It has great big horns sticking out of its head and long sharp claws. I run even faster. Its screeching and screaming words unknown to me. “HELP!” I scream “ANYONE?!”. I keep running tree’s and darkness surround me. WHERE AM I?! how did I get here.. I was just in my bedroom about to read my new book. I keep running and running until I nearly can’t breathe I hit a tree while looking back and fall over. I look too see if it’s got me yet. No. I can’t even see it.. suddenly I feel myself being pushed. “is someone there...?” I say too scared to open my eyes. “well your heavy” I hear a voice say. “w-who are you..” I say frightened. “well I’m lily the unicorn!” she says. Hop on my back. I open my eyes as we ride off and just before we hit a corner and I nearly fall off. She feels so soft and silky. She’s so pretty and colourful. We ride all around the fields. After quite a long journey we get to a waterfall. On the other side is a lava fall. I see dragons being hassled by goblins. On the other side mermaids, fairies, pixies, alicorns, Pegasus and unicorns are playing. “can I go help a dragon??” I say worried about them. “I’m sorry but we are not allowed on that side..” lily says. “EVERYONE HIDE!” screams a pixie. “why?” everyone asks. “MEDUSA AND HER CYCLOPS ARE COMING THAT’S WHY!” it yells again. “HIDE” everyone screams. Lily tells me to hold on tight. She runs past everyone and finds a hiding spot. “oh well, they don’t want to play today do they?” medusa says faking upset. A very young mermaid speaks “did we make her sad mummy?” she asks. “oh well would you like to play then whoever you are?” she asks. ”ye-”she almost finishes but her mother puts her hand over her mouth before she can finish. “nobody likes me here it seems” she says “guess ill hurt another dragon?”. “don’t you dare touch our dragons” a goblin says. “I thought you hated them, thought they were a nuisance” she says looking at it getting ready to attack. “we do though-“ he almost finishes but gets turned to stone. “now would anyone else like to face the punishment?” she asks. “no” everyone says. “great then we can get along” she says. She walks away and everyone comes out of hiding. “you ok?” lily asks me. “yeah” I say. We hangout with some other creatures for a bit then she asks a weird question. “do you want to do that again tomorrow?” she asks. “yeah of course” I say. We go play then I get to ride on a dragon. I hear yelling. “can you hear that?” I ask lily. “no?” she says. I wake up. Was it just a dream? “see you tomorrow then Lily”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!