Sun, Moon And Pluto

Finalist in the 'The Write Note 2021' competition

Once, the moon and sun were entering the Milky Way galaxy for the first time. They had very different opinions about shining for the galaxy.
Sunny was happy and excited. She was jumpy and vivid and couldn't contain her excitement.
Moony, however, was terrified and anxious. What if Sunny didn't like her? What if she made a mistake and caused a disaster?
Sunny became very pleased with her participation and happily shone to everyone. She could be seen from a mile away with a smile on her face.
Moony was scared and terrified. She made no mistakes, she wasn't doing anything wrong, but she still worried everyday for no reason.
In the short span of time they saw each other, Sunny and Moony became extremely close friends. They were both very sad to shine at different times.
Moony was the most depressed. She cried for a thousand days and nights, her tears becoming rock and forming the two belts, also creating Earth, the first planet.
Sunny was smart and created a shy, kind planet named Pluto. She was as bright as Sunny and loved Sunny and Moony like family. Once a century, for a year, Sunny and Moony would meet each other on Pluto.
Pluto, overtime, became very lonely, as she had to wait one century for Sunny and Moony to arrive. Sunny saw this and created seven other planets: Mercury, Venus, Mars, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. They were vain and selfish and hated Pluto for being much smaller yet more loved.
Once the seven other planets discovered that Pluto had been chosen to be the planet that Sunny and Moony met on, they became furious, banishing Pluto from the solar system, meaning one of them would be chosen instead.
Moony and Sunny did not choose another planet. In fact, they became helpless and heartbroken. They thought that if Pluto was gone, their friendship would be gone, too.
Moony stopped shining as a full moon. She was a crescent for most of the time. The smaller the crescent was, the less hope she had. When she was a full moon, she was thinking about Sunny and was happy.
Sunny became red and turned into a ball of fire, burning everything that came her way.
Earth had stayed still throughout the entire process. He had not spoken for thousands of years. When he saw Sunny and Moony's reactions, he used his kind heart to find Pluto. He gave her an offer: she was to become a dwarf planet. She would return to the solar system. She wouldn't be a planet, but she'd be remembered. Pluto agreed and returned to the Solar System with him. They became good friends.
Sunny and Moony did not notice Pluto had returned. It was a chance for them to see each other again, but their sadness was too deep to heal. Nothing was going to save them. Even Pluto gave up.
That was the end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!