THE MOTHER PARROT'S RECUE

On a thundery, rainy day, lighting suddenly hit a tree, then it hit the forest. It created a big, hot fire. The fire slowly spread and soon half of the forest was covered in flames. Nearby there was a parrot's nest, in the nest a mother parrot with a baby bird stayed there while the father went out to find food for the family. When the fire came near her nest she couldn't believe it was actually fire. She was very scared and rushed to find ways to save her family and the animals of the forest. Suddenly, in her mind she remembered that there was a river not far from her nest, and somewhere in the middle of the river there was an island where was covered around with water and green trees. She planned to bring her baby bird to the island so it would stay there. After she brought the baby bird to a safe place, she flew around the forest and warned the animals of the forest from the fire. Then the parrot flew as quickly as she could to the forest. She saw other birds were sitting in tree, asleep on a tall thin branch. “ Emergency, fire coming! ” They all woke up and flew away. She also met a tortoise who nearly got in the fire. She swiftly took the tortoise to the island where he was safe. The parrot said he should move inside a tunnel or a cave to avoid the strong heat. She rescued a lizard who's leg got stuck under a rock. She said it would be safe for the lizard to hide underground to avoid getting hurt. On the way, she also met a herd of kangaroos on a hill where there was also a family of wombats and quokkas who weren't even noticing the fire. The mother parrot told them:” A big fire is coming , you should get away from here as fast as you can. Head ahead this way. Go look for bright waters and stop when you find an island with a baby parrot on it. Go there before the fire spreads. ” A herd of kangaroos wanted to join her, so they went around the forest to help the animals. Then, they saw a flame come close to a tree where there was a mother koala was holding her baby koala. The kangaroo said that the koala should carefully climb down the tree so they could give her a lift to the river. After all, almost the animals arrived to the safe place without hurt. The parrot mother reunited with her family, she arched her wings to hug her little one, she missed her all the time. All emotions could not describe, her tears fell down but she was so happy and proud of herself for doing the best thing to help the animals and forest.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!