THE GIANT MARSHMALLOW



THE GIANT MARSHMALLOW

I love Marshmallows. Everyday me and my brother we used to eat it after school for an afternoon snack. We used to dunk it in Hot chocolate or milk. It was the best. And I love the smell of roasted marshmallows in campfire.

One day we were thinking of how it would be if there was a Giant Marshmallow. The next day, to our surprise,when we opened the pantry the small marshmallow has turned into a Giant Marshmallow. It jumped out of the pantry and it rolled out into the backyard. We started chasing it and it jumped over the fence.

It rolled down the streets and crashed down into all the houses. There was so much chaos. People were laughing and so surprised about the Giant size of it. Everyone in the neighbourhood started chasing the marshmallow. It was so much fun. It was very fast and because it was so big, it jumped over the fences, climbed the power poles, the trees and everything on its way. It was unstoppable!! We all looked so tiny in front of the Giant marshmallow. And then someone said, Hey, we can light it!!! Then we got a fire sparkler and threw on it!! It caught on fire and started melting…

Everyone was so relieved that it was getting smaller. Then all of a sudden, the pool of melted marshmallow became bigger and bigger and it was even bigger than before.

And then the people tried to chop the marshmallow so it wouldn't roll. They had sticks, knives, rocks and everything to break it. But they all got stuck in the marshmallow and couldn't move. It was so big that it touched the sky. Then the other people tried to bite it. And it popped into space. It filled the entire sky and and it covered the Sun even. The whole sky was pink. It covered the entire galaxy.

That’s when the scientists decided that they should do something to bring life back to normal. It was so hard to live without the sun. It was so dark and it was like the night. Then the NASA came up with a wise plan. They thought of sending the kids to space to eat all the marshmallows. All the kids were so brave and excited to go on the Rocket. Me and my brother were so excited as I had always imagined to be an Astronaut. We wore the space gear and got ready to go in the Rocket. The countdown started 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0… and we blasted into space. It was so much fun. We started eating the marshmallows and we were so full. There were some more marshmallows left and soon my parents and the other grownups also came to eat them.

Soon the sky was clear and we could see the sun again. Yay!! Mission Accomplished.

What a lovely day filled with adventure!! We will never forget this Joyful day.

I loved sharing my story with you. I hope you enjoyed it!! Bye!!

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!