Mysterious Island

Splash! Splash! Splash! The salty, smelly water bounced up and down onto my face. My family and I were heading to Easter Bunny Island, the most famous and magical island in the whole southern hemisphere.

I asked my dad, “when are we getting there?” He was getting frustrated like a general guiding a losing war.

“Just sit still and look at the scenery!” he barked. My mum and sister were listening to music. I dreamt of the biggest chocolate egg I could find.

Without warning, the boat leaped like a bunny. I hopped too. Flying in the air, my hair spun as fast as a tornado. I flew and fell into the sea.

I cried for help. My lungs were about to pop. When I was in the water, I saw something flashing as bright as electricity. Hesitating for a fraction of a second, I dived down like a professional swimmer, snatched up the lustrous jar and showed it to my dad. An amazed smile crept onto his craggy face.

When we reached there, there was an emerald, magical door waiting for us. Tiptoeing in, we discovered a weird Easter bunny at the end of the crystal-clear pond. We crossed a gleaming bridge to find the bunny, however it was nowhere to be seen.

We searched everywhere for the animal. Out of the corner of my eye, I glimpsed a mystical door that revealed a colossal Easter egg with a gigantic bunny on top.

Flamboyant. Humongous. Delicious. This eggstraordinary Easter chocolate was out of this world. All four of our hands instantly dug through the durian-matcha-salted-caramel-fairy-floss-Godiva chocolate egg.

Suddenly, fur as soft as silk bumped past me. My eyes instantly lit up.

“Mum, dad! LOOK! It’s the Easter bunny!” I cried. Without losing a beat, we all chased after it. My heart raced as fast as a motorcycle. Adrenaline filled my body. I turned around and saw that my family were huffing and puffing behind me.

“C’mon guys! You can do it!” I cheered. However, when we rounded a corner, the bunny could no longer be seen. “That’s our boat!” my sister exclaimed. We all climbed onto it.

As I reached forward to take my sunglasses out of my mum’s backpack, I noticed two rabbit eyes staring up at me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!