The Case Of The Distracting Nintendo!

“Mum,” shouted Chloe.
“I want a Nintendo immediately,” she shouted again.
“No,” said mum but she suddenly changed her mind.
“Fine only if you do your chores for two weeks,” she called from across the room.
Chole sped to her small study to get a whiteboard and marker so she could write her chores down.
The chores were…
1. Fix your bed
2. Make your lunch
3. Clean bedroom and make it neat
4. Take puppy for a walk
5. Wash the dishes every night
Two weeks later, Chloe finally gets her Nintendo the day that her cousins come around for a sleepover. When her cousins Mila and Samantha came in the house, they all ran quickly to the movie room with their bags and snacks.
Before Samantha played the movie the doorbell rang and Chloe answered it. There was a package with a Nintendo in it. Chloe felt so excited she started to laugh. Once the kids ran back to watch the movie Chloe hid behind the sky-blue bean bag distracted by her Nintendo. Mila and Samantha were upset that Chloe wasn’t watching the movie with them.
“Chloe why don’t you watch the movie with us?” whispered Samantha.
“I don’t want to watch the movie because I have my Nintendo!” answered Chloe.
Suddenly, Chloe’s mum walked into the room.
“What’s going on in here?” yelled mum.
“Chloe is playing her Nintendo instead of watching the movie,” said Mila.
“Chloe you’re going to do two more weeks of chores!” shouted mum.
But Chloe didn’t even hear because she was distracted by her Nintendo. The next time Mila and Samantha came over Chloe was doing her chores while her cousins played on her Nintendo.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!