My Life In The Country

...Silence... My life began right here in this small country town; one hospital, one shop, one school and a few little houses. This is the country. My friends and I carelessly run free and meet family along the way. ATI my family live right here and if you were to move here you would love it.
In the country, all you have are your friends and family. People that drive in, drive back out and don’t even think about buying land. That is the best thing about the country, there is land everywhere. Land full of trees, flowers and most of all, incredible hiding places.
Like I said, there is only one school, but there are a lot of students.
“Hey,” I yelled abruptly to my friends across the playground.
“Hey Amelia,” they replied, when I reached them.
They were just about to play a game of hide and seek, but then...
Honk, honk.
Trucks, cranes and multiple cars drove in past the school over to the land next door. A man got out of his car, looking smart with a hard hat on and a measuring tape in his hands. “What does he think he is doing?” I spoke up, shakily.
“I hope they aren’t turning the country into the city,” Gabby replied sadly.
We all crossed our fingers to make sure that the country wasn’t being taken away. After seeing what the man was doing, we ran over to the Principal and told her what we saw. She then called our parents to come and pick us up. Immediately after that, she walked up to the man.
“Hey, I’m the Principal of the school next door and I would like to know what you are doing here?” She asked nervously.
“Oh hi, I’m the Prime Minister of Australia and I heard about this amazing land going to waste so I thought we could use it to make a city out of it,” he replied sternly. With that being said and news travelling fast, we all decided that we had to do something.
We all agreed on protesting about this matter and the Prime Minister agreed on what we had to say but there was only one thing that we had to agree on. “I would agree to all of this and leave you alone but ONLY if we place power lines through here and if you give me a little section of the land,” he suggested.
After much debate, the protesters replied, “Ok fine.” With that, they all lived a happy life in the country with friends, technology, land, more shops and most importantly with more love.
The End

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!