The Horrific Storm

Boom, crash, bang the thunder and lightning was going off like gunshots. I look out the car window worriedly watching the rain smash onto the ground and spit back up again. The bright green trees dance in the wind and there are massive brown pools of puddles. I feel a cold drop of rain drip onto my head and give me a brain freeze because of the leak in the roof.
I’m in a taxi by myself and the taxi driver is a grumpy old man who is swerving all over the road. Luckily I am a brave girl so I don’t mind being in a swerving taxi. If I’m scared I just repeat to myself be brave Poppy be brave. Boom suddenly…
A big bolt of lightning came out of nowhere and hit the shiny yellow car! It did a 180 turn and flipped on its side! Five minutes later I wake up coughing to the smell of a blown up car. I hear sirens screaming in the background and I feel soggy to my bones and half dead.
I am cramped in the taxi because my legs are squashed under the seat and the taxi is on its side. When I get up I just collapse onto my back again. Never have I ever felt so weak in my life… but then suddenly everything just went black.
Everyone is crowded in a rusty old church and there is sad music playing. They are all wearing black and are bawling their eyes out. It is my funeral, I have turned into a ghost so I can see outside of my cophen. What a tragic death I had.
But something strange happened after the terrible accident, the old grumpy taxi driver disappeared. No one knows where he went? I guess it’s just another mystery.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!