Olly's Death

Olly was the sweetest little boy ever! I think about him every day! He was only 18 months old. This is his story.
Some years ago when Mum, Dad and I were just settling in after moving to Melbourne to be closer to my family, something really bad happened. My little nephew died!
Mum and I were up at my sister Jade’s house with her kids Eli, Sophie and Olly watching the movie ‘Coraline’. As usual, Olly went outside to play in the dirt. We weren’t worried about him but when he didn’t come inside after 15 minutes my sister, Jade went outside to see what he was up to. She ran back in screaming, “Mum, Mum, Olly’s not waking up.” We rang the ambulance. They told Mum and Jade to start doing CPR. When the ambulance came, they took over. The police came too and started asking us questions. Olly got into an accident where his head was locked in a toy box so that he couldn’t breathe.
Olly was air lifted to the Royal Children’s Hospital but they couldn’t fit Jade into the helicopter so Mum had to drive her. I stayed with my Dad, Eli and Sophie. I prayed that little Olly would be ok.
We visited him the next day but it was too traumatizing for me to stay. At lunch I asked Mum if we could get Olly a rainbow teddy because I couldn’t remember a day where he wasn’t smiling or laughing! We put it on his bed and went back downstairs. When it was time for me to say goodbye, I saw a real rainbow touching the rainbow teddy!
By the next night Olly was taken off life support and my sister Jade had to say goodbye. Olly has a younger brother now called Jeremy, who looks exactly like him. Mum says that Jeremy is a rainbow baby because he was born after his older brother Olly died. We all miss Olly so much and we will never forget him.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!